Sports & Fitness Programs
CCPT Certified Clinical Phlebotomy Technician
- Match laboratory requisition forms to specimen tubes.
- Dispose of contaminated sharps, in accordance with applicable laws, standards, and policies. See more occupations related to this task.
- Draw blood from veins by vacuum tube, syringe, or butterfly venipuncture methods.
- Dispose of blood or other biohazard fluids or tissue, in accordance with applicable laws, standards, or policies.
- Draw blood from capillaries by dermal puncture, such as heel or finger stick methods.
- Enter patient, specimen, insurance, or billing information into computer.
- Organize or clean blood-drawing trays, ensuring that all instruments are sterile and all needles, syringes, or related items are of first-time use.
- Collect fluid or tissue samples, using appropriate collection procedures.
- Collect specimens at specific time intervals for tests, such as those assessing therapeutic drug levels.
- Transport specimens or fluid samples from collection sites to laboratories.
- Process blood or other fluid samples for further analysis by other medical professionals.
- Provide sample analysis results to physicians to assist diagnosis.
- Document route of specimens from collection to laboratory analysis and diagnosis.
- Explain fluid or tissue collection procedures to patients.
- Conduct standards tests, such as blood alcohol, blood culture, oral glucose tolerance, glucose screening, blood smears, or peak and trough drug levels tests.
- Train other medical personnel in phlebotomy or laboratory techniques.
- Draw blood from arteries, using arterial collection techniques.
This course provides phlebotomy instruction to the student with a working knowledge of collecting blood while emphasizing on patient safety, quality assurance, universal and standard precautions. Upon successful completion of this course, students will receive a certificate of completion and will be eligible for National Certification through the American Education Certification Association (AECA).
Duration: 4 - 11 Weeks
Morning: Monday - Friday
Morning: Monday - Thursday
Evening: Monday - Friday
Evening: Monday - Thursday
Weekend: Saturday - Sunday
Weekend: Saturdays Only
Cost of Program Includes:
Books, National Certifications & Program Supplies
- Phlebotomy Technician Certification,
- Bloodborne Pathogen Prevention Certification,
- CPR Certification
- First Aide Certification
Students eligible in this program are available for the following
National Certification (with this program):